Improve your Laugh-Style
Intentional Laughter… Ha Ha Huh?
Intentional laughter can have health benefits, according to laughter research experts around the world who say forced hah-hahs:
- Reduce stress by expanding blood vessels, sending blood to extremities and lowering levels of stress hormones such as cortisol.
- Strengthen the immune system by activating “killer” cells that attack viruses.
- Lower blood pressure by bringing about relaxation and curtailing the release of stress hormones.
- Stimulate the heart and blood circulation because laughing is like aerobics and akin to “internal jogging”, since more oxygen is inhaled.
- Decrease pain with the triggered release of endorphins (which are natural painkillers).
- Lead to a general sense of well-being.
Yes! It works to make you feel better – just as much as real laughter. Give it a go!
What makes you laugh?
It’s just the best feeling, isn’t it? Our eyes start to sparkle, our face spreads a little and then our lips widen. From a smile, we burst into a laugh and all it takes is a little snort, chortle and giggle to infect the people with us to laugh together. Usually, it helps lighten a situation and sometimes it’s just for the fun of being together.
If you laugh – you change; and when you change the whole world changes.
Laughter sessions are ideal
- conference or major meeting
- team building day
- Feel Good or Wellness day
- Pre-Wedding get-together
- Friends/Family day
- Family gathering
Lighten your life, start with a smile, add laughter to your day – be inspired and motivated to reach your goals.
It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. Frida Khalo
Laughter in Your life
Please contact me to organise a session for your group!
Half hour of laughter exercises to help lighten your way –
just for the fun of it.
Laughter is such a good feeling we could try and incorporate it into our everyday life.
Remember: You don’t stop laughing because you grow old! You grow old because you stop laughing.
All my life I have felt joy in my heart and laughed through many a stressful situation. It may not have resolved my problems but it certainly made it easier to face obstacles and it has made me who I am today. Sometimes it was laughing with other people, sometimes by myself and at myself!
Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never cease to be amused.
Depending on the group a session may include a little about the science and benefits of laughter, with loads of ideas for living a more successful, significant and joyful life. There are health benefits for everyone in any role, parents, students, managers and employees – laughter has proven to be one of the most highly effective stress relievers.
Laughter Sessions & Workshops
- Lighten with Laughter to help during anxious times. Being in a stressful situation could be helped if we add a little humour, stay positive and have optimistic approach through a challenging time.
- Lighten with Laughter to relax and recharge. Laughter reduces stress and increases energy. It is easier to stay focused and accomplish more during work hours and stressful times.
- Lighten with Humour – It’s all in the attitude. Looking on the bright side and looking for the positives, allows us to look at all situations in a less threatening light. Instead of feeling overwhelmed, a little humour lightens the mood and creates emotional distance to help get through tough challenges in life.
Sessions and workshops are made to order. Let us know about your requirements as an individual, family or group of friends and colleagues. We work out a time and venue to suit.
Whether the sessions are held in the work place or in a small, home environment, each person in the group may participate as much or as little as they want to in a laughter session or simply en-joy and laugh together.
- Lightens stress, anxiety, depression and pain.
- Relaxes the body and the mind at the same time as leaving us stimulated.
- Excites us and makes us feel great.
- Gives a hearty work-out to practically every organ in the body. (Norman Cousins called it “Internal Jogging”.)
- The more the laughter, the longer lasting is the effect.
- Causes our lungs to rapidly inhale and exhale and our muscles to let go of tension as they contract and then relax. (Notice our arms and legs get involved in the laughing, our diaphragm and abdomen can ache for a short while.)
- Causes the brain to pour out chemicals that balance left- and right-brain activity. This balance enhances and increases our creative capacities and leads to clearer thinking and alertness.